Author Maxwell Cynn best articulated my thoughts about Eden Baylee in a single tweet when he called her “the classiest trashy writer I know”. In addition to being a gifted storyteller and poet, she’s also a savvy businessperson and an example to be followed in terms of self-promotion. After you read this post, I recommend that you hop over to her Amazon page and pick up a copy of one of her books. You can’t miss – Fall into Winter, Spring into Summer and Hot Flash are all great reads.
The thing that I like best about Eden is that she gets every bit as excited about the accomplishments of her fellow indie authors and entertainers as she does about her own. She generously opens up her blog to promotion opportunities and interviews to creative types from all walks (including yours truly) and is fiercely loyal to her supporters.
Having made an appearance at one of her book signings in Montreal, she’s one of only a handful of people that I’ve both interviewed on my show and met in person. I can say with complete confidence that the image she projects through her social media channels is the real article.
Eden’s area of expertise being erotic literature, I thought it only fitting to invite her to write a post in keeping with the spirit of Valentine’s Day. Below, she offers up some gift giving pointers for those brave souls among us that are a little romantically challenged (again, including yours truly).
Eden, the floor is yours…CJR
HIS and HER Gifts for Valentine’s Day
When Casey asked me to guest blog about Valentine’s Day, I thought it would be an easy write.
“Give some pointers for the romantically challenged,” he said.
Piece of cake, I thought. I write erotic literature. There’s romance in my stories. No problem, right? WRONG. I sat down to write, and it was painful—truly painful.
Why, you ask? I discovered I’m one of the romantically challenged myself! I’m not particularly romantic in the traditional sense. I know what is considered to be romantic, but romance is a nebulous thing. There’s no true definition for it.
Let’s face it, Valentine’s Day is aimed at women, and men feel pressured to do something for their ladies. I am, however, all for fair play when it comes to love and romance; Valentine’s Day is no different. I believe both men and women should give AND receive.
The following two lists are tongue-in-cheek, but if you’re a woman, you may like these things, or if you’re a man looking for ideas, my suggestions may be helpful.
If nothing else, I hope they spark a conversation about what romance means to you.
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!
* * * *
Things for HER on Valentine's Day:
· Cute, cuddly, small things, like a stuffed teddy bear. For that matter, any stuffed animal will do (not a pig, unless she thinks pigs are cute). Basically, something to make her say “Aww … that’s sooo cute.”
· Flowers are always nice unless she’s allergic to them. Red flowers are best to signify passion and love. One flower is fine too.
· Chocolates or some other form of dessert shows you’re sweet on her. If you have some baking talent, make the dessert yourself. It doesn’t matter if it’s not perfect—even one heart-shaped giant cookie will do.
· A song or a poem. You don’t have to be a seasoned songwriter or poet. If you play an instrument, serenade her with your creation. Who cares if you can’t sing?
· Take her out for dinner by candlelight, accompanied by wine, great food, and music. Better yet, make her dinner at home by candlelight, accompanied by wine, great food, and music.
Things for HIM on Valentine's Day
· A full-body one-hour massage. Don’t forget the happy ending.
· Tickets to his favorite sporting or music event.
· An electronic device or some type of gadget.
· A weekend getaway. Leave the phones, computers, and all other distractions at home.
· If all else fails—sex, sex, and more sex until you/he or both of you are ready to collapse!
* * * *
Eden Baylee writes literary erotica and infuses erotic elements into many of her stories. Incorporating some of her favorite things such as travel, culture, and a deep curiosity for what turns people on, her brand of writing is both sensual and sexual.Her latest release is a book of erotic flash fiction and poetry called HOT FLASH.
SPRING INTO SUMMER is her second collection of erotic novellas and the companion piece to her first book, FALL INTO WINTER.Connect with her via her website | blog | twitter @edenbaylee | facebook